The Cool Kids Book Club

A community of co-workers, friends, and family.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CaptainClegg

PostSubject: Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett   Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:11 am

So this book is always the first one I recommend to anyone who asks. I would love to tell you I discovered this book myself but I can't. My wife's co-worker recommended this book to her and she read it first. When she finished she insisted that I read it as well. I did and it was amazing. I loved it so much I sought out a first edition to have in my collection. Long story short we now own 3 different editions of this book.

A brief description:

THE PILLARS OF THE EARTH tells the story of Philip, prior of Kingsbridge, a devout and resourceful monk driven to build the greatest Gothic cathedral the world has ever known...of Tom, the mason who becomes his architect-a man divided in his soul...of the beautiful, elusive Lady Aliena, haunted by a secret shame...and of a struggle between good and evil that will turn church against state and brother against brother. A spellbinding epic tale of ambition, anarchy, and absolute power set against the sprawling medieval canvas of twelfth-century England, this is Ken Follett's historical masterpiece.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
Page 1 of 1